Tuesday, July 10, 2012

...I've got myself a plan!

So, since all of my other plans for the summer fell through. My plans to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, my plan to go to a LARP in Raleigh.. all of it.. It just got sucked down the drain. Who cares.

I've got something better now.

Being born in 85, scant months before they performed a single set at Live Aid, and 5 years after the band had broken up, I only have experienced Led Zeppelin through CD's and videos. Sure I've heard my mom and dad talk about how fantastic they were live.. but that doesn't do me a lot of good.

If you've ever seen the film "Almost Famous", I'm kind of like the kid that Jay Baruchael plays in that..

While it's not the real deal, there is a world renowned LZ cover band known as Zoso. They perform about 100+ shows a year all over the world. They do a HUGE set, spanning the entire catalog of the band.

This year, there are 3 shows all within 2 hours of me.

Wednesday, 8/15
Athens, GA
Friday, 8/17
Greenville, SC
Saturday, 8/18
Buford, GA

Since all my other summer plans got shot down.. I'm going to go to all three of these shows.

Sure, it won't be the same, But it's the closest I'm going to get to experiencing the real band.

I can't wait. And it's going to be a heck of a last weekend before classes start on the 20th! 

No comments: