Friday, October 1, 2010

It's amusing, really.

I dunno if you guys have ever heard of writer who's initials are W.R.S or not.. I'm not going to go into too much detail about him... (I don't want a letter from him posing as a Lawyer, like so many other blogs/forums have gotten) except that he is a relentless self promoter, and is notorious for getting negative reviews of his books removed from Amazon.. I certainly don't wish the guy ill or anything.. and I almost kind of admire him for not letting the publishing industry deter him from doing something he obviously enjoys..

On the other hand..

when I went to the public library the other day, and found they had more of his books than they had of nearly any other Fantasy author except Robert Jordan or Mercedes Lackey.. I was absolutely astounded by this. They had 7 of his books at my local branch, and when I looked it up in the card catalog (Georgia uses a system called PINES, which links all the libraries in the majority of the state together with one card catalog.) and in the entire system, there were probably 40-50 copies of his assorted titles..

It really pissed me off.. thats my SPLOST money going to buy those books.. I think I'm going to have to see about joining the Friends of the Library and see if I can't figure out who's responsible for this and explain the situation to them. Whats done, can't be undone but I can do my best to make sure it dosen't continue. My local library system dosen't exactly have a big budget. They are heavily dependent on volunteers and book sales in order to purchase new books.. and the occasional splost grant.

No Sir, I don't like it.

No comments: