Thursday, October 14, 2010

Meanwhile on SFFworld.com...

I don't post there, so I don't check it that often. But I happen'd across this rather interesting thread.

Apparently, some chap in Russia has written himself some Fan Fiction set in Middle Earth.. at best one could call it an "Unauthorized Pastiche".. But I prefer to reserve Pastiche for "Authorized Fan-fiction".

Anyway, they are having a very heated debate about the quality or lack thereof of this book. I dunno what to say about it really. It looks like utter drek to me. And I don't see why any of them are even treating it as if it is anything but fan-fiction..

I'll refrain from re-posting the samples given in that thread, but they are there for you if you want them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, that was dreadful. I've just seen done to Tolkien what L. Sprague de Camp tried to do with Howard, and it does not sit well in my stomach.