Friday, November 5, 2010

It takes dedication.

Coinciding on the day I came back to Georgia from Oregon was the release of Towers of Midnight. Well, I went out to the west coast with a friend of mine. He is the one who insisted I read the Wheel of Time in the first place.. and I thank him for it.. mostly.

On the 1st, he tried valiantly to get the good people at Powell's books to sell him a copy of the book using the logic that it was midnight in New York.. so it would be ok to sell to him at 9pm on the west coast.. they didn't buy that.. so we board our flight from Portland, sadly Towers of Midnight-less, for our 4 hour layover in Charlotte. upon deplaning we made a line direct to the book sellers in the airport. they had no idea what he was talking about. Again balked.

But just short of our boarding time, he goes to check again. And comes back with the biggest smile I think I've ever seen on him. Clutching the much coveted tome. He payed a whopping 32$ for the book too.. which is above its MSRP.. but was able to start reading it on the plane home.

I really think it makes him some sort of chief among the Wotheads...

No comments: