Wednesday, November 10, 2010

a post about nothing, something and Video Games

well not exactly.. but of late I've been finding it really difficult to think of anything that anyone else might actually be interested in reading. This is of course the busy time of year for me, so I've been at work a lot more than normal which sort of saps one's creativity. Going back to work after a week off really does this worse than normal too. Sometimes it almost feels as if it isn't worth it to take time off you get so behind while you are gone.

I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the 60$ on Fable 3, I've really enjoyed the first two games. But its a tough choice since I know if I buy it now, in 6 months they will release a better version or some DLC. They did it with both of them so far.. I can't help but think they will do it with this one as well. So It's a tossup between that and getting the Dragon Age set with the expansion and both DLC's in it. That seems like a better deal personally, and will probably be a bit cheaper too.

I'm still slogging away on LOTRO, it was really a lot of fun up until about level 32 or so, and now it's just way to much travel and not enough pay off. so I'm not 100% on whether I will keep playing it or not. Further out on the MMO front, the new World of Warcraft expansion comes out in middle December, I'm relatively certain I will get it and play it, but for how long I'm not sure. It only adds 5 levels but it more or less completely revamps the entire world.. so there will be lots to look at.

After a month with no posts on my other Blog, Hyborean Apocrypha I've jumped back into it with reviews of the first two episodes of 1997's Conan the Adventurer TV series. If you have never seen it, do yourself a favor and avoid it. It really is that bad. I've also got a bunch of reviews ready to go for Robert Jordan's Conan the Magnificent which I will be posting soon and hopefully get back in the groove of reviewing more than one of these books a month. Some of them are just so soul crushingly bad though its beginning to feel like a job just to read them.

Maybe one day soon I'll hit on something thats actually interesting.

2 comments:

Taranaich said...

I'd definitely recommend going for the Dragon Age duo over Fable III. Fable III was a big disappointment, ludicrously streamlined, half of the charm sucked out, half of the best parts taken out for no fathomable reason. Plus if you get DA for PC you can mod it six ways to Sunday, which is always fun.

Conan the Adventurer is paaaiiin. The first time I watched it, I stopped 3 minutes in, and had to return a few days later after my foaming blaspheming had settled down.

Lagomorph Rex said...

well that recommendation carries some weight for sure. I'll have to settle for getting it on the 360 though as my PC can't run it.

Thats terrible about fable 3 however, as I was really looking forward to it.. its been a year of busts though cause Final Fantasy XIV is apparently extremely bad as well.. which was my other big choice.