Monday, April 25, 2011

Stuff and bother.



As I've mentioned previously I'm contemplating a relocation of sorts. One of the things that has to be done is a good pruning of my stuff. When you live in one place for 26 years you accumulate a LOT of stuff.

So over the last few days I've been wandering about the house and cramming stuff in bags to take to Goodwill. Clothes that don't fit any more, DVD's I don't watch any more.. loads of books. Maybe some one else can get some use out of it. I'm just going to through my remaining stacks of VHS tapes away. It's mostly just stuff I've recorded off TV over the years.. which is something I feel is lacking in current technology. They didn't kill it off.. but they certainly made it more difficult than putting in a tape and pressing 'record'.

I've gotten about 4 bags of stuff ready to go so far, and probably will have another 4 before much longer. I've begun making a pile of stuff I plan to sell on E-bay as well. Who knows what I will get for it but.. something is better than nothing. I used to collect Transformers. More out of compulsion than anything. So I have a rather large number of them that are from series that I just have no emotional attachment too. They are all going to be going. I've decided that I really don't care much for GIJOE's either.. the toys I mean.. The Comics I'm keeping.. or maybe will replace with the new Trades from IDW and sell off my old newsprint copies like I've been doing with my smattering of Conan comics. Quite frankly though I've lost a lot of interest in both franchises thanks to their current and constantly changing iterations, over the last 5 years my interests have really changed a lot.

I'm trying to get my total number of possessions down to about 4 large tubs. Make it easier to pack up. How well that will work I don't know. All I know is I want to get rid of some stuff.. so I don't get stuck here.

No comments: