Friday, June 3, 2011

I feel like I'm drowning.

In paperwork that is.

I'm trying to figure out how to pay for school. This isn't a quest for sympathy, as I'm sure everyone feels this way when they go through this.

I'm a non-traditional student, and I want to attend a school thats not in my state. So of course that makes me scum of the lowest kind. I also don't want to study nursing, science or mathematics.. so that makes it worse.

I could of course go to an In state school, but that would some what defeat the point, and I feel I'd be better served sawing my own leg off. Not that they are bad schools mind you. They just happen to be in Georgia. No matter how good their academic programs are, this makes them unacceptable. I could study one of those subjects, but again I know what would happen. I'd fail the classes and be in debt for the rest of my life.

If I'm to be in debt, I at least want to be in debt for something I enjoy learning about, and might conceivably enjoy having as a career. Though since my ideal career is " trust fund baby ".. and fate has already seen fit not to grant me that.. I will have to settle for a different option.

I find it amusing how, I get my FAFSA documents back, before I get my FAFSA PIN approved.. so I can't actually open the Documents to see what I'm qualified for as far as Federal assistance. I suppose thats government for you.

So, anyone else got any funding horror stories they want to share?

No comments: