Thursday, January 28, 2010

Not a great big phony.

I just read that J.D. Salinger had died at age 91, which is kind of a double edge sword for me.. I really liked all of his work I read.. which was basically only a small amount which was still in print.. about 5 small paperback's or about 1000 pages... I finished it and I wanted more.. But He had kept a ton of stuff he'd written for various magazines from being re-printed.. and had allegedly been stock piling manuscripts to be released posthumously.. If that's the case I'm gonna be spending a lot of money..

I of course never met him.. but as the man himself wrote:

" What really knocks me out is a book, when you're all done reading it, you wished the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. "

No comments: