Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Quest Novel - Foucault's Pendulum

From Blogger Pictures


This was one of the best novels I read this year, But its so packed with detail that I had to read each page twice sometimes to absorb it all. Its a great companion to Eco's First book " The Name of the Rose " which I also read this year, but Foucault's Pendulum is clearly its superior. I'm sorry its never been adapted into a film.. the people wouldn't be nearly so disgusting looking as in Rose.

The Plot involves practically everything, or rather the characters plot to include practically everything. From spark plugs to the Knights Templar, washing machines to Cabala. I'm really at a loss of how to describe it without ruining any of it.

I won't take the cheap shot at Dan Brown as I had fun with his Robert Langdon Books, but He could learn a lot from reading this book, re-reading this book and then re-reading it some more.

No comments: